To follow up the first episode of our 2013 in review series, here’s the list of our favorite shows and festival sets of the year!
BEST GIGS :
– The Story So Far+ Seahaven – Paris (FR) : This clubshow (or boatshow if you prefer) was all about passion. You could feel it in the air, in the veins of all the musicians on stage and in the hearts and lungs of the fans in the crowd.
– Your Demise + Betrayal + Coldburn – Bruges (BE) : The kind of concert that you never forget. Intimate but yet such a wild concert. The best way to say goodbye!
– Vans Warped tour NL – Eindhoven (NL) : Perfect combination of great hardcore bands. And it’s always such a highlight to see Parkway Drive live!
– Bastille + To Kill A King – Paris (FR) : Both bands were impressive. These lives performances were powerful and joyful. Best way to fall in love with music all over again.
– The Ghost Inside + Deez Nuts + Stray From The Path – Paris (FR) : The kind of show that makes you realize why hardcore is home and family. Besides, TGI are of the best around in this music scene.
Kakai – @99punxtone
– Finch + Mallory Knox – Paris (FR) : It was the return of Finch, they were celebrating the 10 years anniversary of “What It Is To Burn”. It was a show full of emotion, with this kind of crowd you want to meet at every show you go to : very passionate people, in love with the music, the band itself. All of this in a really intimate venue, where you can feel everything. It was also the occasion to see Mallory Knox for the first time, they did pretty good.
– Enter Shikari + Cancer Bats – Paris (FR) : An awesome performance for both of the bands. It was simply crazy, the crowd was really receptive too. Everyone was happy in a happy place.
– Horse The Band + Rolo Tomassi – Paris (FR) : It will be surprising for some people to know I have chosen this show as one of my favorites of 2013. I don’t usually listen to these bands at all. I don’t really like the genre itself, I was simply curious. It was in this boat in Paris and turned out to be a crazy experience. It was everything you want it to be when you go to a show. Super crazy bands, awesome performance, smiles on all the faces.
– While She Sleeps + Being As An Ocean + The Elijah + Capsize – Antwerp (BE) : I love every bands on this line-up, each one is different and each one did a great job that night. They gave me more than what i was looking for, it’s huge. They make you feel like a part of this family. What hardcore is supposed to be.
– The Wonder Years + Handguns – Paris (FR) : The pop punk kid inside me dreamed of this show. The bands played in an empty room. They counted less than 40 people. They didn’t care at all, they did their job, what they’re good at. Shaing this how with friends is a plus. I’m going to remember this show for a while.
SweetNSour – @DirtyMarly
– Tom Odell – Paris (FR) : It was actually Tom’s first show in Paris this year (and ever, I guess?). The venue was rad, with an excellent sound production, the atmosphere was intimate and lovely. I left relaxed, with a huge smile on my face.
– Polar + Climates + Perceptions + Inside The Hail + Viva Revival – Leuven (BE) : Sure it was in a bar, even a sweatbox, but that was one hell of a show. You know that kind of gigs that reunite only a few but true, passionate people? It was such a mess and yet so fun. Metal / Hardcore at its best. And certainly one of my highlights this year!
– Kvelertak – Paris (FR) : Sometimes, you just get down to a show, alone, expecting to watch some good music and then suitely heading back home…Well, I was definitely expecting such a show, as Kvelertak blew my mind. The Norwegians absolutely, totally, completely destroyed the place!
– Silverstein + Dream On, Dreamer + Palisades – Antwerp (BE) : To be honest, I was most definitely there for Dream On, Dreamer that are one of my favorite bands around at the moment. It’s a pleasure to see them constantly progressing in terms of music and performance and they delivered a brilliant show. Aprt from that, the whole evening turned out to be amazing, as I got to discover Palisades and watch a wonderful osmosis operating between Silverstein and their Belgian audience and that was fucking beautiful.
– Biffy Clyro – Brussels (BE) : Despite being the last one of countless days/weeks/months of an extended touring cycle, Biffy Clyro delivered as usual a wonderful and spectacular performance at Brussels’ AB (awesome venue, by the way) only a few days ago. Makes me think I actually was ending in a blaze of glory an eventful year at this show.
Mary – @Marypxtn
FESTIVAL SETS :
– Parkway Drive – Graspop Metal Meeting (BE)
– Trapped Under Ice – Groezrock (BE)
– Enter Shikari – Warped Tour (NL)
– Biffy Clyro – Rock Werchter (BE)
– Set Things Right – Pandafest (BE)
– A Day To Remember – Hellfest (FR)
– Gallows – Hellfest (FR)
– The Wonder Years – Warped Tour (NL)
– Rise Against – Groezrock (BE)
– Frank Turner – Groezrock (BE)
– John Coffey – Groezrock (BE)
– Caliban – Graspop Metal Meeting (BE)
– Epica – Graspop Metal Meeting (BE)
– …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – Groezrock (BE)
– Pure Love – Groezrock (BE)
Stay tuned for our next episode of the 2013 in review series!