It’s not easy to keep track with music news especially when you make yourself a busy bunny, so we check it all out weekly and make a selective list of the new stuff that you could most likely be into.
1. Now, Voyager – Solid Ink
Solid Ink is the last song Now, Voyager wrote as a band. It’s always sad to see such incredible bands go, we do however wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
“This is the end of a chapter, not the end of the book. This is “Solid Ink”, the last song we wrote as a band, and we want you to have it.
Thank you for everything, and we love you all.”
You can download this song using the following link : Solid Ink | Download.
2. Bring Me The Horizon – Throne
Bring Me The Horizon are back with new tracks that have surprised most of us, to say the least. They’re not doing the good old deathcore anymore and keep on defying their own limits. Having just signed to Columbia Records, Bring Me The Horizon are setting the tone. Their new record ‘That’s The Spirit’ will be out on September 11th, 2015.
3. Fightstar – Animal
New Fighstar song anyone? No, you’re not dreaming. The band has also announced ‘Behind The Devil’s Back’, out this coming October 16th.
4. Northlane – Impulse
Impulse is the newest music video Northlane have released. It’s an ambitious one and most of all, it has a meaning. The band stated the following :
“Impulse is a song about the de-humanisation of our interactions through technology and social media. It’s an observation about how many of us live vicarious lives where our self esteem is based upon the opinions of people that we don’t personally know. Appreciate what’s happening right now. Your relationships to the ones you love are based on communication, but as great as technology is, it’s not directly replaceable for face to face contact and direct human interaction. Even though we are so connected to and through technology to the point where it’s almost a physical part of us. You can see this in how people interact socially, we are becoming more and more unable to relate physically whilst being more comfortable with ourselves than ever when placed behind a screen. We are able to say horrible things about one another without a shadow of guilt because we’re behind the safety of a computer screen and not breathing down somebody’s neck. Don’t be distracted from living in the moment, don’t be distracted from the here, who and now.”
Northlane have released their brand new album ‘Node’ this week via UNFD and will headline a tour in Europe next fall! You can learn more about Impulse using the following link : Impulse – The Video.
5. Stray From The Path – First World Problem Child (ft. Sam Carter)
6. Stray From The Path – Eavesdropper (ft. Or Reynolds)
Stray From The Path have just dropped these two certified bangers (pardon the language) in only a matter of days. One thing for sure, we cannot wait for ‘Subliminal Criminals’!
‘Subliminal Criminals’ – out on August 14th, 2015 via Sumerian Records.
7. Weezer – Go Away
Watch Weezer‘s sweet new video for the song Go Away, which features Bethany Cosentino from Best Coast. The song is taken from ‘Everything Will Be Alright In The End”, out now.
7. Crossfaith – Ghost In The Mirror (ft. Caleb Shomo)
Crossfaith will be releasing a new album, ‘Xeno’, on September 18th, after the titletrack, the band is giving us another foretaste with Ghost In The Mirror, which welcomes Caleb Shomo (Beartooth) as a guest!
8. We Came As Romans – The World I Used To Know
We Came As Romans have recently dropped their new self-titled album last week on Equal Vision Records. This song is featured on it and you can check out its music video right here.
9. We Are The Ocean – Good For You
We Are The Ocean have turned into bad boys in this video and it doesn’t displease us! Good For You is taken from We Are The Ocean‘s most recent album, ‘Ark’.
10. Paerish – Undone
Pærish is (ex)Crackity Flynn‘s new identity. The french outfit will be releasing a debut album soon and in the meantime, you can check out this new song/video they have released for ‘Undone’.
“Crackity Flynn becomes Pærish.
Nothing changes except our name. Same line-up, new songs and our first album coming soon !
This is our album’s first single, « Undone ».
Thanks to everyone who helped us making this video.
If you pre-ordered our album on KissKissBankBank, you will soon receive this song.”
11. Partisan – Unhappy People
12. Arcane Roots – If Nothing Breaks, Nothing Moves
Arcane Roots have a new single out, called If Nothing Breaks, Nothing Moves, which comes with a music video that you can watch above. The song is taken from the band’s forthcoming EP ‘Heaven & Earth’, out on October 16th, 2015, through Easy Life/Sony Red.
Arcane Roots will head out on tour later this year.
– You can stream Knuckle Puck‘s new album in its ENTIRETY using the following link : Knuckle Puck | Wall To Wall (Depreciation). Also, don’t forget that the band will be on tour with State Champs all over Europe this fall, including shows in France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Get your tickets fast, because several shows are selling out!
– deafheaven have announced the release of their new LP ‘New Bermuda’ on October 2nd, 2015 through Anti-Records. We don’t have more details yet, as deafheaven like to keep things sober, but we certainly are excited!
– Have you heard of Great Collapse? It’s the name of this new (super) punk group, formed by Thomas Barnett (Strike Anywhere), along with Joe Saucedo (Set Your Goals), Chris Chasse (ex Rise Against) and Tom Arnott (Death By Stereo.) Great Collapse have announced their debut album, ‘Holy War’, set to be released on the 2nd October 2015 (End Hits Records). They already unleashed one new song : New Abolition, as well as a European tour, starting from October 1st, 2015.